Well, this has been an absolute drubbing so far. And I don’t think there’s many people around the state that were expecting this. Ryan’s up on Rider 35-7 after the first half.
Some key stats after the first half
– Ryan leads in total yards, 340 to 102. And unlike last week, most of that has come on the ground
– Mitchell Bridges is 8 of 13 for 167 yards and three touchdowns. Yes, that’s right. Three of Bridges’ passes are for touchdowns.
– Trent Willis has put on a show in the first half. He has five catches for 143 yards and 3 TDs. He would have another touchdown but he was tackled on Rider’s 1-yard line. Sometimes everything doesn’t go your way.
– Ryan scored on five of its six possessions in the first half. Rider hasn’t scored since its first possession.
– Rider wide receiver Davon Allison tied a school record with 266 receiving yards last week. This week, Allison has no catches and an interception that was snatched up by Ronnie Coleman.
That pretty much says it all. If you want full stats and play-by-play for the second half, CLICK RIGHT HERE. Rider gets the ball to start the second half, and if Ryan scores early, the back-ups could be in for a second straight game. Also, this might be the tweet of the night.